At a glance
The ABL Structuring Associate Analyst reports to the Head of Sales & Origination UK
Context of the job
ABN AMRO Asset Based Finance, N.V., located in Utrecht (the Netherlands), is internationally cross border organised and has operating companies in Germany, Belgium, France, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. ABF is designed as a specialised business company within ABN AMRO. In the UK, the company consists of about 190 FTEs. In the UK, ABF is positioned between the high street banks and the independents, with the balance sheet and structuring capabilities of a high street bank and the flexibility of an independent. ABF’s market share in UK is just over 2%, with the ambition to grow to 5%.
ABF provides Leasing and Commercial Finance/Asset Based Lending solutions to customers in all segments: SME, corporates and large corporates including international clients. In the Netherlands this is mainly to ABN AMRO clients, in other countries this is mainly to non ABN AMRO clients. In the smaller end of the segments, the focus in on having a digital offering, with standardised and harmonised products and processes. In the larger segments, the focus is on a coverage model, with a modular product offering that allows for bespoke solutions.
The Mid Market, Corporate and International (“MMC&I”) team originates and executes financing opportunities for the Mid Market and Corporate segment (companies with revenues from £20mln to £250mln) and the International segment (companies with revenues of £250mln+). Products and solutions offered revolve around financing companies’ assets (receivables, stock, plant and equipment and real estate) in various countries (mainly European). Examples of structures include cross border receivables solutions, single group facility, single debtor facility, comprehensive ABL structure, off-balance sheet structure, or a combination of these.
Purpose of the job
The purpose of the job is to support an Origination Director or Structuring Director in structuring, negotiating and executing a financing opportunity. His / her involvement starts when an opportunity is created and ends when it is funded and then transferred to the relationship manager. In the case of a self generated opportunity, working with the team in creating and progressing the opportunity.
Key result areas
The ABL Structuring Associate Analyst has the following responsibilities:
- Contributing to the team income target.
- Carrying out first stage analysis and discussing within the team whether to progress an opportunity.
- Progressing opportunities within the team on a deal team basis and performing an in-depth credit and structure analysis including review of financial information, financial models, various financial and commercial due diligences, internal rating tool (FCA Fair), asset analysis
- Writing the structuring paper and the credit proposal
- Acting within the Deal Team and supporting the Origination Director and others as appropriate when presenting deals in sighting and credit committees
- Supporting the Origination Director when managing the transaction and the deal team to ensure successful outcome
- Liaising with internal and external stould also be originating new business in accordance with the policies and guidelines defined by ABF and to the applicable rules and codes of conduct
- Ensuring prospect / client satisfaction which is measured by the NPS score
Your working environment
ABN AMRO is an enterprising bank with a primary focus on Northwest Europe. We serve clients in the retail, private banking and corporate banking sectors. We are also present internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Asset Based Finance and Clearing.
At ABN AMRO we have a clear purpose: Banking for better, for generations to come. The shift towards sustainability is one of the most important challenges of our time. Supporting our clients at times that matter has always been our role and our responsibility. Together, we aim high and work towards lasting relationships that are relevant and responsible, both now and in the future. We want to be the bank that leads the way.
Our strategy goes far beyond financial value: we want to accelerate the transition to sustainability. We do this by supporting and advising our clients in order to facilitate their sustainability shift. Our commitment to clients, employees, investors and society calls for clear direction, focus and dedication.
We concentrate on our three strategic pillars:
- Support our clients’ transition to sustainability
- Reinvent the customer experience
- Build a future-proof bank
Our strategy requires a culture of working together and permanent learning. It’s only with this mindset that we unleash the best in ourselves to deliver a high standard of performance. ABN AMRO’s culture is the catalyst for the evolution in which we find ourselves: our people are imaginative, trust each other and do just that little bit extra to help clients.
ABN AMRO UK is part of the Corporate Banking business line and operates the following businesses in the UK:
- Corporate and Institutional Banking which includes Corporate Banking, Clearing, Global Markets – Sales & Trading and Financial Institutions
- Commercial Banking which includes Asset Based Finance and International Desk, which provides transactional banking services
Our business lines are supported by a number of functions such as Risk, Compliance, Legal, IT, Finance (Including Tax), Business Management and Human Resources. We currently employ approx. 380 people in the UK.
Required level and content of education
- University degree, ideally in Economics, Finance, Accounting of Business Law or Equivalent Any other professional qualifications would be a plus including ABL, LMA, accounting, banking, CFA and project management
Required employment experience / skills
- Previous experience in origination, structuring and / or relationship management of Corporate ABL, Leverage Finance, Advisory or Corporate Lending would be a requirement
- Network of Introducers, Debt Advisors and other relationships in the ABL sector would be ideal but not mandatory.
- Ideally 3-5 years of relevant sector experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical skills and financial acumen
- Self starter, problem solver, focused on timely execution
- Positive and flexible mind set, enjoys collaboration and team work
- Enjoys working in a high intensity and competitive environment
What we offer
Joining ABN AMRO means working on meaningful projects. Projects that have an impact on our clients. Working with a wide range of people with different backgrounds, opinions and ideas. In the UK, in the Netherlands or elsewhere in our international network. We offer an environment where you will be challenged on a daily basis – professionally as well as on a personal level – so that you can grow to become the professional you want to be.
Are you interested? Please apply via the button below.
For more information please contact Niki Champion, Senior Resourcing Partner, UKrecruitment@uk.abnamro.com, +44 203 192 9342.