Business Analyst Entrepreneur & Enterprise
At a glance
Entrepreneur & Enterprise (E&E) Analytics is a unit responsible for realising the vision for ABN Amro, differentiating the bank as a leader in serving entrepreneurs. The team consists of several experts focusing on the bank’s key capabilities such as Segments, Channels, Process & Control, Business Execution, and strong coordination areas around data management, technology, customer journey, UX, and external partnerships.
We are incredibly excited about strengthening this strategic unit’s Data & Analytics capabilities for the bank and the great potential for progress and innovation it represents. We believe that analytics is a critical differentiator in bringing “anytime, anywhere, personalised” services to our entrepreneurs.
In this role, you are responsible for building our know-your-measure environment and progress in the in-depth knowledge of our entrepreneurs (who are they, where are they, what behaviours do they have? Insight into our processes and data is valuable for executing our data-driven strategy and supporting our operations with effective and efficient solutions.
Amongst your tasks, you will:
1. Write definitions and define the target audience.
2. Define hypothesis for the E&E track.
3. Translate hypothesis/questions from diamond track to specific data analysis questions.
4. Define requirements and KPIs for continuous improvement of our E&E dashboard.
Are you fit to shape further our unique mission? What do you see when you envision the next step? Work on achieving your goals and develop yourself professionally and personally. Tell us your story. We want to hear it!
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Astonishing insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore essential to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Highly developed conceptual, strategic and analytical skills. Can balance conceptual thinking and pragmatic solutions. Has the ability to understand, inspire and activate others. Helicopter view, leadership and communication are what will drive your success. Self-starter who readily assumes responsibility. Creative mindset and capable of assessing and evaluating risks.
Do you think you are a fit? Check your profile:
- 5+ years of experience with a proven track record contributing to high-performing analytics & business intelligence teams that delivered high impact on business & product performance via advanced quantitative analyses, experimentation, segmentation and statistical modelling. Preferably with consumer-facing product companies.
- Strong BI experience with knowledge of tools like Power BI (Microsoft PowerBI certification is highly recommended)
- Exposure to Databricks a/o Trifacta is a plus
- Experience with Cloud Data Platform Architecture for reporting & analytics (Azure is a plus)
- Knowledge of Data Quality Management and DQ Issue Management;
- Knowledge of retail, private or commercial banking is considered a plus;
- Knowledge of data management principles and practices;
- Fluent in speaking and writing business English (leading language);
- Master degree, with a strong academic record, in a related field such as Statistics, Math, Physics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration.
Attitudes and Behaviours
- User obsession and empathy.
- Focus on impact and results. You work on the right things and get them done.
- Drive and resourcefulness to persevere and overcome obstacles achieving challenging goals. Self-starter.
- Excellent business/product judgement and data intuition.
- Ability to build trust and influence with executive-level stakeholders and impact decision making
- Knowledge and motivation to roll up the sleeves and dive deep to help the team when needed.
- High integrity and ability to positively collaborate with others
- Ability to effectively communicate on data analysis and insights with business and technical teams
- Ability to sum it up and share with technical and non-technical people alike
- Contribute to a data-driven decision-making culture through self-service analytics, experimentation, user segmentation, etc.
- Establish credibility as a critical influencer of product & business strategy based on rich insights, predictions and data
- Leverage data to help the business & product get deep insights for market expansion, user growth, customer acquisition/retention/churn, product strategy, UX design strategy and other business/product goals.
- Advise senior leadership team on key initiatives through data analysis & insights
- Champion a culture of data-informed decision-making, hypothesis-driven experimentation. In doing so, you will be responsible for the practices of data collection, management and use, and data quality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Integrate analytics, experimentation & data engineering into standard operating practices of business, product and engineering teams
A more than challenging job at the top of your profession. You’ll get to know the whole of ABN Amro. And because you’ll be in one team with the very best from your field, you’ll learn a lot from each other, too. Your responsibilities and opportunities are big. In addition, you’ll get plenty of room to keep your skills and knowledge up to par – both internally and externally. Step by step, you’ll work towards a future proof architecture. And until then, you’ll make the most of the technology we have to work with. Because of our size, you will be close to the execution as well, no ivory towers here. A global and challenging environment you’ll not find elsewhere. But if you can do this, you can do anything.
At ABN Amro, we use our knowledge, expertise and network to help our clients within and outside the Netherlands achieve their goals based on responsible decisions. Our clients’ interests always come first. We want clients to understand our products, and we sometimes say ‘no’ if a product involves a too high risk for the client. Putting clients’ interests first also means communicating in plain language and crafting innovative solutions that genuinely make a difference. That is our goal.
Please apply online. For more information, you can contact Emmanuel Maroye, Entrepreneur & Enterprise Analytics Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to getting to know you.
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.