Established in 2005, EcoAct, an Atos Company, is an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organisations to meet the demands of the Paris Agreement. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains. We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance, delivering economic, social and environmental value.
EcoAct has recently become part of Atos, a global leader in digital transformation.
EcoAct assists companies and territories in the definition and implementation of their climate and carbon neutral strategy, addressing all major issues (carbon, water, biodiversity, health, etc.). Driven by the same fundamental values, our experts develop strategies for mitigation, adaptation and compensation, enabling organizations to use the climate as a real lever for performance and innovation.
As an Atos company, we want our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work.
The climate data scientist will join the Research & Innovation department to support climate product developments of the Net Zero Transformation practice. He/she supports all R&I experts and BUs in building, developing and managing data analysis for our offers focused on climate risks, sustainable finance, carbon markets, etc..
- Work with climate data to model, analyse, develop, test and deploy optimised, data and business intelligence solutions and offers to support experts on our business priorities.
- Collaborate closely with consultants and business developers to understand the goals and issues of the respective departments and propose solutions
- Develop and build maintainable and well-tested code and tools, using current data technologies, ensuring quality solutions are implemented and software best practices compliance.
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines; design algorithms to access data and optimized data retrieval.
- Develop dashboards, reports and data visualizations.
- Add automation, AI, machine learning, and mathematical modelling to our team’s capabilities to analyse large amounts of data
- Supporting automation of data processes to enable rapid scaling of products
- Contributing to the R&I strategy by participating to identify, evaluate and develop new products & services.
- Promoting EcoAct expertise: publications, external projects.
- Develop R&I partnerships and external fundraising for R&I projects.
- A PhD or a MS degree in Climate Science, Engineer, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in software development, data engineering or infrastructure design for business intelligence solutions or data systems, with skills in statistical and data science.
- Skills and experience in data modelling, data cataloguing and metadata management.
- Experience using data visualisation tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights. Knowledge of QGIS will be a plus.
- Strong skills in Python or R or strong expertise in other languages are a plus.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently as well as to work collaboratively
- Understanding of and interest in energy, climate change, and decarbonisation
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills required; additional language skills are a plus
- Good communication skills and analytical thinking
- Position to be filled immediately.
- Location: Paris – but flexible
- Remuneration: depending on profile and experience