At a glance
Financial Restructuring & Recovery (FR&R) is responsible for the high-risk loans of ABN AMRO and guide customers through difficult times. As a Data Scientist you play an important role within the Data & Analytics team of FR&R. With your experience as data scientist, you are multi-skilled and have strong analytical, machine learning and coding skills combined with an understanding of the business that you put to use to deliver high quality analytical use cases. With the analytical use cases you provide valuable insights, innovative solutions and enable FR&R to become more data driven.
Your role focuses on formulating and developing data science solutions relevant to FR&R. In collaboration with the business experts, data engineers and data quality managers you will be responsible for the development and continuous improvement of the analytical use cases. These analytical uses cases include topics like credit risk, efficiency and effectivity in the credit review and client risks.
You will take care of the full development cycle from exploring and identifying opportunities, experimenting, developing and implementing models while working in multi disciplinary teams. Both strong technical and communicative skills are therefore important in your role.
You will engage with a large number of stakeholders from FR&R, Central Architecture & Data Management, Modelling, Corporate Data Office, business lines (Commercial Banking and Corporate & Institutional Banking) and the supporting IT teams.
FR&R is responsible for the high-risk loans of ABN AMRO, and therefore positioned in a dynamic environment in which customer relationships, managing risks and dealing with internal and external stakeholders (including regulators, advisers and other parts within ABN AMRO) is of great importance. FR&R aims to guide customers through difficult times to jointly create value. FR&R’s ambition is to work with the client to restore their financial and strategic health while minimizing losses and capital costs for ABN AMRO. In doing so, we also pay attention to our social role as a bank and we respond adequately to the developments that are taking place in the market in our field.
The Data & Analytics team within FR&R forms and implements the strategy to enable FR&R to be data-driven. Data & Analytics ensures a “data & analytical mindset” and competence throughout FR&R. We focus on ‘making a difference’ and take a pragmatic approach to our data enabled solutions. Data & Analytics’ core activities align with regulatory requirements and ABN AMRO’s strategy.
As Data Scientist you’re part of the Data & Analytics team of FR&R. The team has around 25 team members and is responsible for all data and analytics related activities within FR&R. You will be a member of the Portfolio Management & Analytics Circle. We are a new and dynamic team that is characterized by good cooperation. Fun in our work is paramount in which we work enthusiastically on all the varied data and analytics activities that strengthens the bank.
- You have 6+ years of relevant work experience. Preferably in financial services and / or Risk Management.
- MSc in the field of Computer Science, Engineering, Econometrics, Statistics or related field
- Programming experience: e.g. Python, SQL, PySpark etc. Experience in Databricks is a plus
- You have a proven track-record in developing data science solutions that delivers business value
- You are pragmatic and value-focused. e.g. not afraid to work with existing solutions to reduce time-to-market
- You are a strong communicator and are able to present your ideas, analysis and insights effectively to a broad range of audiences
- You are pro-active and take initiative on improvements
- You are a team player that requires limited steering to be productive
- You work creatively and conscientiously
- You are up-to-date on the latest developments within data science and can guide others in finding optimal solutions
- Proficiency in the Dutch language is plus
We are offering
- We offer you a challenging position in a professional environment in which you get the opportunity to be the best version of yourself. You will be able to gain a lot of knowledge of the financial field and further develop your data science skills. We also offer the possibility to follow general and (specific) data science trainings. We offer you excellent terms of employment and benefits:
- A good monthly salary based on a 36-hour working week
- A position that offers a lot of opportunities for professional development
- The ability to work flexibly
- We help you to stay fit & vital
- A personal development budget of € 1,000 per year
- An annual public transport ticket for unlimited travel
- A good pension scheme
- A great organization with a great work culture
- Interesting work and challenging projects
- A team that likes to help, supplement and strengthen each other
Unfortunately, candidates without a Dutch work visa and / or living abroad are not eligible for this position.
Are you interested? Please respond to this vacancy now. For more information about the role, please contact Amani Michael (email@example.com). For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Emmy Horsch – van Zuylen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.