The Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC) is a center for data-intensive computing and the analysis of large-scale data with high national and international visibility as well as an innovative and agile IT service provider in KIT – in short, Information Technology Center of KIT.
In the Data Exploitation Methods (DEM) department of the Steinbuch Centre for Computing, we are developing new technologies, data repositories, and metadata management for handling research data
In particular, we work closely with researchers in the Joint Lab “Integrated Model and Data Driven Materials Characterization (MDMC)” to facilitate the description of research data for material sciences.
In your new position, you will deal with:
- You will develop and integrate research data and metadata management software for innovative research data infrastructures.
- You will collaborate with researchers in the materials sciences and customize the software to meet their needs.
- You design new methods and ways of working to better analyze large data collections and
- present your results in journals and at conferences.
- You have a university degree (Bachelor / Master) in STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).
- You can quickly and independently familiarize yourself with scientific topics and approaches
- You are interested in working in interdisciplinary teams
- You have good communication skills (spoken / written) in English
- Overall, you convince with a high degree of initiative, result orientation and the ability to work in a team
At SCC, we offer an exciting and varied job within agile teams as well as a wide range of training opportunities and flexible and family-friendly working time models. For more information about SCC as your new work home, please visit KIT – SCC – About us – Working at SCC.
We are looking forward to your application!
Salary category 13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
Application up to
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Dr. Stotzka, phone +49 721 608-24738, email@example.com
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number 287/2022 .
Personnel Support is provided by
phone: +49 721 608-25029,
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.