At a glance
Do you want to work at the forefront of the changes in the financial services industry and develop disruptive AI solutions? Then we have a challenging position for you! The Artificial Intelligence team within Strategy and Innovation is looking for a Data Scientist with strong technical skills, an innovative mindset, feel for business and entrepreneurial drive. You’ll work directly with entrepreneurs and business counterparts to bring AI solutions from idea to production. We are looking for creative and passionate people with a “go get it” mentality. Our Data Scientists are multi-skilled and have strong machine learning, system design and coding skills combined with an understanding of the business that they put to use within the context of AI.
As a Data Scientist, your main goal is to develop AI systems and solutions for our initiatives and for our business lines. We take care of the full development cycle from exploring and identifying opportunities, experimenting, and creating prototypes, to developing scalable products. Your activities include:
- Lead the ideation and design of AI solutions with intrapreneurs and business experts
- Design and development of prototypes of Data and/or AI enabled solutions
- Developing and deploying models to production, together with our internal engineering team
- Perform (big) data analysis to inform innovation activities (e.g. market trends
We have a start-up vibe. The team consists of people with a passion for AI and we work every day to create (measurable) impact for the bank. We focus on ‘making a difference’ and take a pragmatic approach to our data enabled solutions. You’ll work intensively together with our innovation initiatives, business teams, and during development you’ll often function as part of a mixed team. We bring in knowledge from other departments within the bank such as product experts, legal, marketing intelligence and information security when necessary. There is an open team atmosphere where initiative is encouraged, and we provide daily coaching for juniors in our teams.
- You have a Master degree or higher in a quantitative field
- You have 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience
- You are pragmatic and value-focused, e.g., not afraid to work with existing solutions to reduce time-to-market
- You are a team player that requires minimal steering to be productive
- You can act as a coach/mentor to junior colleagues
- You are a strong communicator and are able to present your ideas, analysis and insights effectively to a broad range of audiences
- You are up to date on the latest developments within AI and can guide others in finding optimal solutions
- You are familiar with the ‘tools of the trade’, e.g., Python, Databricks, Git, etc…
- Start-up / entrepreneurial experience is preferred
- Experience working agile is preferred
- Great communication skills, written and spoken (English)
We are offering
We are offering
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
- A salary ranging from [EUR] to [EUR] per month based on a 36-hour workweek
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
- A solid pension plan
If you want to know more about this exciting opportunity, you can contact Jeannot Mets at email@example.com . We look for to meeting you.
Our process consists of three steps:
- First round interviews with peers and HR
- Technical assessment (case)
- Second round interview with members of the Strategy and Innovation management team
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.