Imagine you are part of creating and running the renewed Risk & Finance data platform for Rabobank Wholesale Rural Retail. As a Data Steward, you can make a difference by using your affinity with Banking, IT and Data to service our various stakeholders.
Making a difference
- Run and change of all applicable data warehouses in conjunction with the IT department.
- Become familiar and effectively manage the different stakeholders for the data (data producers, data consumers, IT, etc.).
- Investigate the data quality of at least the Critical Data Elements and if issues occur manage them accordingly.
- Participate in several data related projects and become a subject matter expert for all data related questions.
- Perform a data risk assessment and monitor the agreements (e.g. DDA) made within this assessment to prevent data quality issues.
- Be aware of risks within the data delivery chain (for example: manual adjustments) and mitigate these risks with appropriate controls.
- Report on issues with data definitions and data quality.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Data Warehouse team brings talented people together to manage and develop the financial data platform of Rabobank. You as a Data Steward will tackle various data related challenges. On top of that you will work on global and cross functional innovation projects to improve different kinds of processes and systems. With you as a Data Steward, the team will consist of 25 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Annika, Data Steward: “Exciting and challenging job in an inspiring, dynamic environment ”
Customer focus, Complex Problem Solving, Agility and Collaborating are clearly essential for the role of Data Steward. As an informal leader within Rabobank you take responsibility, facilitate and inspire the team, you actively seek for in- and external collaboration and you make the difference for the community. In addition, it’s important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- preferable a Master degree with a focus on Finance or Economics and keen interest in Data Infrastructure and business analyses.
- extensive knowledge of Financial Markets and Corporate Banking (international) and how this is translated to data requirements.
- genuine interest in IT related systems and processes.
- experience with Business Objects and SQL.
- a genuine interest in Agile/LEAN.
Growing a better world together
You’ll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our ‘Growing a better world together’ mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Together with the World Wildlife Fund, we’re helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil.
- Thanks to an agreement with the UN World Food Programme, more agricultural products are purchased from small farmers in Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia. We aim to expand this platform to include one and a half million farmers in 25 countries by 2030.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross annual basic salary between 44.568 EUR and 63.648 EUR;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3,5%.
Are you the person we’re looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Data Steward and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know
- Apply via the “Apply” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy;
- Hila Leupen-Turabaz, recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Hila.Leupen-Turabaz@rabobank.nl;
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank;
- The application process for this vacancy may include an individual assessment;
- We want to use your talent in the broadest sense and would like to look at your response more broadly than this vacancy. Your profile will be included in the Sourcing Board Data & Analytics. If you object to this, you can indicate this by e-mail at email@example.com;
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link;
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That’s why we want to know who you really are!