Doctoral researcher (PhD candidate) in Cryptography
(Valid from 08/04/2022 to 10/06/2022)
Language: English (UK)
Organisation: Department of Computer Science (DCS)
Job Number: UOL04908
Contract Fixed: Term Contract
Duration: 36 Month
Schedule: Full Time
Work Hours: 40.0 Hours per Week
Start Date: 01/09/2022
Functions: PhD Candidates
Job Doctoral Researcher
The University | About us…
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) contributes multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences and Medicine. Through its dual mission of teaching and research, the FSTM seeks to generate and disseminate knowledge and train new generations of responsible citizens, in order to better understand, explain and advance society and environment we live in.
The successful candidate will join the Applied Crypto Group (ACG), which is led by Prof. Jean-Sebastien Coron and affiliated to the Department of Computer Science (DCS) of the University of Luxembourg.
Areas of research (possible Ph.D. topics):
- Cryptanalysis and design of public-key primitives
- Fully homomorphic encryption
- Side-channel attacks and countermeasures
- Prepare a Ph.D. thesis in cryptography, by publishing research papers and giving talks at international conferences
- Contribute to the teaching activities of the group
What we expect from you…
- Master’s degree in computer science or mathematics
- Good programming skills
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 36 Month (extendable up to 48 months if required)
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Employee and student status
- Job Reference: UOL04908
The yearly gross salary for every PhD at the UL is EUR 37.101,36 (full time)
How to apply…
Applications should include:
- Full CV, and name (and contact information) of two or three referees
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken
- Research statement and topics of particular interest to the candidate (max 1 page)
Please apply by 1st of June 2022 – then the posting will remain online until filled.
Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
- Find out more about the University
- Addresses, maps & routes to the various sites of the University