At a glance
Do you want to be in the driving seat of the data revolution in the banking industry? Do you have a strong passion for data and do you agree that data is at the heart of creating value for customers? Does working in a complex environment on data related cases make you happy? Then come help us unlock the power of data at Chief Architect and Data Management of ABN AMRO!
As our Enterprise Data Governance Advisor, you help realise the delivery of the ABN AMRO strategy: a Personal Bank in a Digital Age. You ensure that the entire bank follows the correct route towards a fully data driven organisation. From shaping new concepts to designing and guiding data management initiatives. You are able to quickly submerge yourself in a brand-new initiative, shape, socialise and ensure it is properly anchored for successful execution. You are a Data Management expert able to translate our data vision into reality. How? By creative thinking and being assertive. You identify challenges and based on your experience recommend the best way forward. You have a proven track record in data management and are able to get people, especially senior management, to rally behind the conceptual and complex topics you are working on.
Some examples of your responsibilities:
- Spot external trends and internal drivers for change
- Act as a sparring partner for the Heads of Business Data Governance
- Maintain and further develop our bank-wide Data Management Framework
- Identify challenges in executing our Data Strategy and recommend the best way forward
- Drive sensitive organisational change topics related to Data Management
As our Enterprise Data Governance Advisor, you become part of the central team responsible for steering the Data Governance of ABN AMRO. The team is diverse with regards to culture, experiences and age. The atmosphere is lively and informal, and the environment is safe. Your colleagues are really passioned to bring data under governance to make it easier to use data. Focus is to support the data driven organisation bringing data use to the next level. Data Governance is mean and not a goal.
In your day-to-day work you have a crucial role in facing the most complex data management puzzles head on, and solving them. Next to your day-to-day work, there is room to design, create and implement new processes especially when you are the one who is suggesting the change for the better!
The team you become part of is in constant collaboration with all business lines, international branches and subsidiaries of the bank. We all work together at the frontier of the largest data revolution in the banking industry and with the core value-assets of the organization.
You are a conceptual thinker, but can translate concepts to pragmatic solutions whose behaviour reflects the culture principles of courage, care and collaboration. This is reflected by your eagerness to learn, the questions you dare to ask and the status quo you are willing to challenge. New and tough data management puzzles and jumping into the unknown is what makes you happy. You get even more excited when the only assignment you are given to start with is: ‘please help us figure this one out!’. You know where to start, how to tackle complex problems, and bring them to a successful result. In doing so, you know how to handle conversations on various management levels to keep everyone informed, and know which information you should present and in what format depending on the stakeholder groups you are dealing with.
This is on your resume:
- Master’s degree
- Experience in Data Management, strategy & design
- Solid track record in implementing Data Management in complex environments
- Sparring partner for senior management
- Sound knowledge of Data Management
- Fluent in English (Dutch is a bonus)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
We are offering
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Care, Collaboration and Courage are our key values. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
A few examples of our excellent terms of employment:
- The opportunity to play a key role in the execution of our Data Strategy and room to grow both personally and professionally
- A good work-life balance, and help on boost your vitality and fitness
- A market conform salary of 60.000 to 92.500 (based on 36 hours) and an additional benefit budget of 11% with which you can buy flexible terms of employment
- Five weeks of holiday per year
- A personal development budget of €1000 per year and various internal trainings
- A high degree of responsibility and freedom to finish your tasks
- Good set of facilities for remote working
Are you interested? Please respond to this vacancy and use the English language for your CV and cover letter. For any questions, please reach out to Laura Byrne (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lars Slagboom (email@example.com) We would love to meet you!