Junior Energy Procurement and Sustainability Consultant
E&C is a global energy procurement consultant. We guide large international companies in buying energy across the globe. We set up strategies for buying and greening that energy, negotiate contracts with energy suppliers, set up and run risk management programs and collect invoices, check, and analyze them, calculate carbon footprints. Our consultancy is supported by our unique ePoint platform that brings together and visualizes information on a global energy portfolio to the last detail.
The energy transition is happening. Helping some of the largest and most interesting companies rolling it out in every corner of the world, that’s what we do.
Right now we are looking to hire 2 Junior Energy Procurement and Sustainability Consultants!
You will work for clients in Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany and will be part of our international consultancy team.
You will help answer the following questions to our customers:
- How do I deal with the price volatility in energy markets?
- How do I put together a good purchasing and renewable strategy?
- How do I negotiate energy contracts?
- How do I minimize my risks?
- How do I green my energy supply?
What exactly will you do?
The job of a consultant consists of different parts, such as:
- Quotation analysis. We provide analysis of energy contract proposals to our clients. You will analyse offers, edit comparative spreadsheets, comment the results of your analysis to clients and lead the negotiation process.
- Market analysis. By reading a variety of information sources, you remain up to date regarding all aspects influencing energy pricing. You summarize the information for your colleagues, make presentations and contribute to the exchange of information in our weekly conference calls. As an expert you share information with the wider world in presentations, blog articles and tweets.
- Risk management. Based on the fundamental market analysis and a client’s strategic profile, you will pro-actively advice clients to hedge or un-hedge positions.
- Sustainability and green energy buying: you execute technology scans to find out the best sustainable solution (solar panels, wind turbines, cogenerations, …) and support your clients in the negotiation of those contracts.
- Projects: you investigate the possibilities of renewable power purchase agreements for your clients.
What do we offer you?
- A challenging, interesting position in the exciting and quickly evolving world of energy.
- A highly international work environment with more than 25 nationalities and offices in more than 7 countries worldwide.
- A great deal of independence in organizing your work, empowerment from day 1.
- A competitive salary package with growth perspective.
What we need from you is:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, energy or business management.
- Proficiency in English is key since this is our working language; a good knowledge of Dutch or German or a combination of the 2.
- Excellent communication skills to gain a client’s trust with your know-how and personality.
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially in Microsoft Excel.
- You are independent, proactive, and hands-on.
- You can set the right priorities and use a pragmatic approach in combination with a critical mindset.
This role presents an excellent career opportunity for a young graduate or a professional with a first work experience and a keen interest in the field of energy procurement!
Please apply via the application form by sending your CV in English and include the following statement in your application: “I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2015, item 2135 as amended”.
Agency calls are not appreciated.