At a glance
Data is at the heart of our scale-up New10. It’s our long-term mission to design financial solutions for our customers so they can realize their entrepreneurial dreams. Data is critical to understand our clients and make informed decisions.
You’re responsible end-to-end for data strategy, data engineering, data management and data science models. You lead an ambitious team of data analysts, data engineers and data scientists. The organization counts on you and the data team for delivering the insights to realize its growth ambitions and plan for the future of data-driven banking. You enable and empower the people in the team to do what they do best.
You manage various internal and external stakeholders, as data is central to all aspects of the organization. Your ability to switch context is crucial for success; one day you’ll be involved in risk models and the next dealing with ABN AMRO Bank on data quality. You need to know a little about a lot of things and have a deep understanding of the process of turning data into decisions which help propel New10 forward.
You’ll spend 80% of your time managing data related projects, and 20% of your time solving them yourself, e.g., getting your hands dirty is required.
New10 is a scale-up, backed by ABN AMRO, with deep knowledge of financing, a modern cloud-based system and a clear growth path, you have a tremendous opportunity for long term growth, impact on customers and technology learning.
We’d love to welcome you to our easy, accessible, international office in one of the most tech-hot parts of Amsterdam where we are part of a vibrant co-working space in the newly opened Spaces ‘The Cloud’ building, just between the Amstel Station and the Amstel River.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
- Quantitative Master’s Degree [computer science, mathematics, economics, econometrics]
- Finance / Fintech experience is required
- 7-9 years of work experience, of which 2 years in leading a data team
- Understanding of analytics lifecycle
- Understanding of data quality concepts, process
- Understanding of SQL (experience with dbt is a plus)
- Experience in running data science models in productions
- Experience or understanding of concepts of Machine Learning
- Experience in (Bayesian) AB testing
Nice to have
- Experience with SageMaker / SageMaker Studio
- Experience with AirFlow
- Experience with version control with git (we use GitLab)
- Experience with native cloud providers such as AWS ( Redshift, ECS, AIM)
Our data stack
- Microservices Architecture (in house developed)
- Third-party APIs (using Singer Taps)
- AWS Redshift
- AWS SageMaker
We are offering
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
- A solid pension plan
Does this sound like something you’d be interested in? Send us your application as soon as possible. To find out more, contact Astrid Joosten – email@example.com. We very much look forward meeting you.