At a glance
DIAL is the name for our data mesh architecture, which makes data from all the golden sources in the organisation available for consuming applications in a secure and governed way. As the Product Owner for DIAL Consuming you are responsible for the product ‘DIAL Consuming Application’, ‘Batch pattern’, Query Layer’ & ‘Transformation Engine’. These are key product for to make the consuming and integration side of DIAL work. You are responsible for the products that deliver, transform, secure and govern the data that is being used (‘Consumed’) by consuming applications in the organisation. This concerns both analytical as operational use cases, and spans across multiple technologies.
The success of DIAL will be determined by the ease of use and business impact of the products that are developed, the quality of the code that is pushed in production and the stability of the solutions that you are responsible for.
- Create a product vision and roadmap for the DIAL Consuming products.
- Align vision and roadmap with business stakeholder expectations and set and monitor (business) milestones.
- Work closely together with data engineering teams to understand their use cases and functional requirements.
- Work closely together with enabling teams (e.g. infrastructure and security teams) to cascade our requirements.
- Creating the functional design of the platform together with data engineering teams and other Product Owners.
- Create and manage a well-defined backlog for multiple teams that work on different platform and capabilities
- Create synergy between the products to standardize as much as possible
Fast moving and innovative working environment, working with some of the best talents on the market and using market leader ground breaking technologies.
- You have 5 years of experience in leading teams as a Product Owner in large enterprises
- You have a solid foundation of data management knowledge and big data technology
- You understand what it takes to govern data at scale
- You are able to stand strong in tough discussion with key stakeholders
- You have experience as a PO of data platforms on the public cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- You are able to successfully manage a large and diverse set of stakeholders, both business and IT
- You are able to make well-thought decisions under high pressure
- You understand data and the complexity of data engineering
We are offering
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
- A solid pension plan
Contact Jasper Staal