At a glance
Do you want to be part of the Data Revolution in the banking industry? Do you have a strong passion for data and do you agree that data is at the core of creating value for customers? Does working in a complex environment on data related cases make you happy? Then come help us unlock the power of data at Chief Architect and Data Management of ABN AMRO!
As a Product Owner Metadata Connectors, you work in the area of data lineage management which is part of Data Distribution. Data Lineage Management (DLM) enables the capturing, management and visualisation of the origins, movement, characteristics and transformations of data as it moves through the organisation across various systems, processes and people. The productgroup working on Data Lineage Management consists of 4 teams: 2 front-end teams which provide user-friendly access to the data. A Metadata lake team which collects and connects all metadata and provides the data to the front-end teams. The last team is the Metadata Connector team.
As the Product Owner for Metadata Connectors you are responsible for guiding the team that builds and maintains the ‘Metadata connectors’ which are different types of software that scan the applications and platforms which are used withing the bank, in order to collect (technical) metadata. This metadata need to be send to the Metadata lake
As a Product Owner, you also represent the needs of stakeholders. Taking your vision as a basis, you translate these needs into episodes, epics, and user stories. You know how to focus on maximising value for the stakeholder in a way that is in keeping with ABN AMRO’s strategy and taking risk and security aspects into account.
- Create a product vision and roadmap for the Metadata Connectors
- Align vision and roadmap with business stakeholder expectations and set and monitor (business) milestones.
- Work closely together with data engineering teams to understand their use cases and functional requirements.
- Work closely together with enabling teams (e.g. infrastructure and security teams) to cascade our requirements.
- Creating the functional design of the platform together with data engineering teams and other Product Owners.
- Create and manage a well-defined backlog for your team
- Create synergy between the products to standardize as much as possible
Fast moving and innovative working environment, working with some of the best talents on the market and using market leader ground breaking technologies.
- You have 5 years of experience in leading software development teams as a Product Owner in large enterprises
- You have a solid foundation of data management knowledge
- You understand what it takes to govern data at scale and knowledge of Data Lineage
- You have experience as a PO of data platforms on the public cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- You are able to successfully manage a large and diverse set of stakeholders, both business and IT
- You understand data and the complexity of data engineering
We are offering
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
- A salary ranging from [EUR] to [EUR] per month based on a 36-hour workweek
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
- A solid pension plan
Please reach out to Jasper Staal
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.