At a glance
Do you see the importance of a common understanding and harmonization of data across Risk Management and Finance? Do you want to be involved in setting the fundamentals for proper data sourcing and decision making based on data? Are you keen to bring risk data management to a structurally higher level and do you have good ideas about how this should be done? If so, then the role of Risk Business Data Modeller is an interesting job for you!
In this role you can develop yourself in a professional as well as a personal way. Tell us your story. We are curious!
Business Data Modelling enables us to understand the meaning of data and its relation to other data, so that assumptions and ambiguity are replaced by certainty. It allows us to clearly define what data is needed to generate reports, dashboards and data analysis for customer insights, and provides a one common language. Within ABN AMRO, Finance and Risk have a business data model called ‘FRIM’, which stands for ‘Finance and Risk Information Model’ and can be described as a collection of risk and finance terms, their conceptual definitions and their relationships. A conceptual business view forms the basis for translation to both logical and physical data model.
The business data model is constantly in development. And because we are bringing risk data management processes such as this one to a structurally higher level, you and your colleagues will also be actively working to realize improvements where possible.
The key activities you will be performing:
- You translate data needs into detailed data requirements in line with BCBS239 Principles and internal policies, and accurately define the business data model based on these inputs.
- You ensure continuous alignment with further data modelling activities within the organization.
- You work closely together with subject matter experts in different teams within Risk Management, and with your colleagues from the Risk Data & Modelling Grid , from Finance and from the Data Management & Architecture department.
Note that the FRIM team is not the subject matter expert on the data to be captured, nor does it work with the data in the sense that they run analyses on it. But the team is responsible to make sure that the process runs smoothly and that the right questions are being asked so that we end up with the best possible business data model.
The Risk Data & Modelling grid is part of Risk Data & Analytics (RD&A), and plays an active role for all the Risk departments. We employ 180+ staff, all of whom share a passion for getting the most out of risk data. Our aim is to generate reliable risk data on time. We do this by improving the risk data itself, data systems and data processes.
You will work in the Data Compliance and Strategy cluster. The cluster consists of professionals with different backgrounds who are driven to bring risk data management to structurally higher level. The atmosphere is open and informal. We work hard, but there’s plenty of room for enjoyment!
You are a strong analytical and conceptual thinker, and can distinguish the main topics from side issues. You have a critical sense of language, understand nuances in definitions and can explain difficult things in an understandable way. You are energetic, with a passion for combining thinking and doing. You take responsibility, and you have proven ability in working with various stakeholders and subject matter experts. You are a strong communicator.
If this sounds like you, check to see if your profile matches the following:
- You’ve successfully completed a higher professional education (Bsc.) or degree (Msc.) and have at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- You have an excellent command of the English language both verbally and in writing
- You have knowledge on data management best practices (e.g.DAMA) and experience with one or more data domains, including business or logical data modelling
- You have demonstrable experience in Risk Management in Financial Services Sector preferable in Banking
- You embrace the agile way of working
- You are strong in analytical and conceptual thinking
We are offering
You get the space to contribute to the value creation from our risk data. You will have the opportunity to deepen your expertise and/or develop yourself in the breadth of the function. There are plenty of career opportunities, which mainly depend on your ambitions and interests.
In addition, we offer:
- The ability to work flexible hours
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11% with which you can buy flexible fringe benefits such as extra days off, a subsidy to cover the costs of a phone or an (electric) bicycle, and salary top-ups
- a personal development budget of € 1,000 per year with an option to save up to € 3,000
- an annual public transport season ticket
- a good salary and pension scheme
At ABN AMRO, we put our knowledge, expertise and network at the disposal of our customers to help them reach their goals through responsible decisions, both in the Netherlands and beyond. Our number one priority is always to put customers’ interests first. We want our customers to understand our products and sometimes won’t offer them if we think a particular product may be too risky for a customer. Putting the customer first also means communicating clearly and coming up with smart solutions that really make the difference. That is our aim.
Are you interested? Then respond to this vacancy now. For more information contact Renske Couwenberg, cluster lead Data Compliance & Strategy, via email: email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.