Risk Data Issue Management Lead
At a glance
Do you understand the importance of Data Quality? Do you, like us, have the ambition to structurally bring risk data management to a higher level? And do you enjoy enabling change and defining future proof processes? Then Risk Data Issue Management Lead is definitely the position for you!
In this role you can develop yourself in a professional as well as a personal way. Tell us your story. We are curious!
As a Risk Data Issue Management Lead you ensure that all the stakeholders of Risk Management get meaningful insight on the completeness and trustworthiness of the information used for steering and regulatory reporting (independently of the infrastructure used). You help accelerating BCBS239 compliancy which is key to maintain our license to operate.
The key activities you will be performing:
- Act as a central point of contact and liaison between Risk Management and other teams for all Data Quality Issue and Data Gap related topics (jointly referred to as Data Issue Management)
- Guide and coach others in the field of data issue management, this includes not only the data issue management team, but also the data users within Risk Management and take a leading role to bring data issue management to a higher level
- Definition and continuous improvement of methodologies and processes related to Data Issue Management
- Support and provide guidance to transition from current Data Issue Management practices to the defined standard methodologies
- Align with Data Owners within the bank, Finance and Data Management & Architecture departments to identify, capture, refine, transfer and resolve data issues
- Raise awareness of Risk data users on importance of Data Quality and best practices around Data Issue Management
- We are searching for someone who can effectively tackle the challenge of managing Risk Data Quality in a sustainable way that aligns with the bank future proof strategy!
The Risk Data & Modelling grid is part of Risk Data & Analytics (RD&A), and plays an active role for all the Risk departments. We employ 180+ staff, all of whom share a passion for getting the most out of risk data. Our aim is to generate reliable risk data on time. We do this by improving the risk data itself, data systems and data processes.
You will work in the Risk Data & Modelling grid as part of the Data Compliance Implementation Support (DCIS) team. Like the other teams, yours will largely consist of young, driven professionals. Because the department is still under development, you will be expected to actively contribute to the strategy for improving the working method. The atmosphere is open and informal. We work hard, but there’s plenty of room for enjoyment!
The DCIS team’s main functions are defining, coordinating and supporting the implementation of centralized procedures for data management practices within the domains of Data Modelling, Data Sourcing, Data Lineage, Data Gaps and Data Quality.
Our ideal candidate is a pro-active, passionate person who enjoys bringing structure to a continuously changing environment, has a proven track record in driving change in organizations with complex setups and recognizes the importance of Data Issue Management as a key Data Management capability.
Given the complexity of the landscape it is important that the candidate is able to make things simple in their communication approach and has a fair amount of flexibility to listen to the needs of all the stakeholders, challenge where needed and come up with solutions that best fit their needs, whilst taking into account the ‘big picture’.
If you think this sounds like you, check to see if your profile matches the following:
- You’ve successfully completed a higher professional education (Bsc.) or degree (Msc.) and have at least 5 years of relevant work experience (preferably in consultancy and/or financial services industry)
- You have knowledge on data management best practices (e.g. DAMA) and experience with one or more data domains
- You have affinity with Risk Management and Banking
- You possess great analytical skills and are able to get to the core of the problem
- You have project Management skills and experience in working in an agile environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (Dutch is an advantage)
We are offering
You get the space to contribute to the value creation from our risk data. You will have the opportunity to deepen your expertise and/or develop yourself in the breadth of the function. There are plenty of career opportunities, which mainly depend on your ambitions and interests.
In addition, we offer:
- The ability to work flexible hours
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11% with which you can buy flexible fringe benefits such as extra days off, a subsidy to cover the costs of a phone or an (electric) bicycle, and salary top-ups
- a personal development budget of € 1,000 per year with an option to save up to € 3,000
- an annual public transport season ticket
- a good salary and pension scheme
At ABN AMRO, we put our knowledge, expertise and network at the disposal of our customers to help them reach their goals through responsible decisions, both in the Netherlands and beyond. Our number one priority is always to put customers’ interests first. We want our customers to understand our products and sometimes won’t offer them if we think a particular product may be too risky for a customer. Putting the customer first also means communicating clearly and coming up with smart solutions that really make the difference. That is our aim.
Are you interested? Then respond to this vacancy now. For more information contact Renske Couwenberg, cluster lead Data Compliance & Strategy, via email: email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.