At a glance
As a Senior Data Engineer you know the world of data and analytics well, and within a short period of time you will know how to link this perfectly to the complex work field within ABN AMRO. With your experience as an engineer, you will have an important in the technical implementation of a new data platform.
Your role focuses on formulating and developing our data needs, environment and platform. Additionally you will contribute to improve our data sourcing, processing and data quality. Through close collaboration and business analysis, you retrieve the exact data needs of Financial Restructuring & Recovery (FR&R) and you know how to technically implement this in the platform. You are interchangeably working on, among other things, setting up our future-proof data architecture, making the correct data available, unlocking the necessary data, and developing the data pipelines making the data available for business analysis. You will be responsible to setup data quality checks on the solutions you provide to ensure that our reporting and data is reliable.
You ensure that FR&R switches seamlessly from “the old” to “the new” data platform. You will engage with a large number of stakeholders outside the team. And together with the team members you will guarantee the technical alignment with all of them. Combining technology and business knowledge, your contribution is essential to this bank-wide program.
FR&R is responsible for the high-risk loans of ABN AMRO, and therefore positioned in a dynamic environment in which customer relationships, managing risks and dealing with internal and external stakeholders (including regulators, advisers and other parts within ABN AMRO) is of great importance.
FR&R aims to guide customers through difficult times to jointly create value. FR&R’s ambition is to work with the client to restore their financial and strategic health while minimizing losses and capital costs for ABN AMRO. In doing so, we also pay attention to our social role as a bank and we respond adequately to the developments that are taking place in the market in our field.
The Data & Analytics team within FR&R forms and implements the strategy to ensure FR&R’s activities are as data-driven as possible or to provide data-driven support. Data & Analytics ensures a “data & analytical mindset” and competence throughout FR&R. Data & Analytics’ core activities align with regulatory requirements and ABN AMRO’s strategy.
As a Data Engineer you’re part of the Data & Analytics team of FR&R. The team has about 25 team members and is responsible for all data and analytics related activities within FR&R. You will be part of the Data Management Circle. We are a new and dynamic team that is characterized by good cooperation. Fun in our work is paramount in which we work enthusiastically on all the varied data and analytics activities that strengthens the bank.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience, with a relevant HBO / WO study
- You have experience in working with complex data sets, tools and components within data architecture
- You have experience with data warehousing
- You have experience transforming data using SQL and Python
- You have extensive experience with improving data quality, reliability and efficiency
- You have experience with any data visualization tool preferably PowerBI
- You have extensive experience with data integration activities (ETL)
- You have extensive experience working with cloud solutions, preferentially Azure and Azure Data Factory and Databricks
- You have experience working in an Agile environment
- You are focused on collaboration, innovation and achieving goals
- Experience in financial services (preferably Risk Management experience) is a plus
- You are fluent in English (Dutch is a bonus, not a must)
We are offering
We offer you a challenging position in a professional environment in which you get the opportunity to be the best version of yourself. You are able gain a lot of knowledge of the financial field and develop your data analytics skills. This also includes project management and guiding a team. As a senior, you contribute in further shaping, expanding and professionalizing the D&A team. We also offer the possibility to follow general and (specific) data analytics training. We offer you excellent terms of employment and benefits:
- A good monthly salary based on a 36-hour working week
- A position that offers a lot of room to grow
- The ability to work flexibly
- We help you to stay fit & vital
- An additional benefit budget of 11%, with which you can buy flexible terms of employment
- A personal development budget of € 1,000 per year
- An annual public transport ticket for unlimited travel
- A good pension scheme
- A great organization with a great work culture
- Interesting work and challenging projects
- A team that likes to help, supplement and strengthen each other
Unfortunately, candidates without an EU work visa and / or living abroad are not eligible for this position.
Are you interested? Please respond to this vacancy now. For more information about the role, please contact Amani Michael (firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Robert van den Boogaard (email@example.com).
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.