At a glance
Are you the teamplayer with a critical mindset who can deliver objective analyses on the portfolio of Financial Restructuring & Recovery (FR&R) to the MT FR&R, Executive Committee and regulators? And can you give direction to FR&R KPI’s, provisioning calculation and analytical use cases? Then we are looking for you!
As Senior Portfolio Manager & Risk Data Analyst you’re responsible, together with support of the Data & Analytics team, for various tasks:
- Analyses intended to give insights to the FR&R Officers, MT FR&R, Credit Risk, Executive Board and regulators on (the developments of) the FR&R portfolio. The analyses include the full scope of the clients of FR&R (various business lines, sectors, products, size, stage of the treatment plan etc.) in order to tell the story behind the numbers. These analyses are used by the entire FR&R organisation to give pro-actively direction regarding policies, forecasting processes, effective handling of available capital, complying with (new) rules and regulations;
- Analyses and steering of the booking of provisions for defaulted clients, including maintaining specific calculation methods for (larger) provisions;
- Guidance of the design, development and implementation regarding analytical use cases to predict outcomes of restructuring/recovery actions.
As part of your Senior role you give guidance and direction to the Portfolio Management & Analytics circle. You coach the team members and give your input on the direction of the activities and planning. You’re able to oversee the context we are working in and explain what we are doing to various stakeholders across ABN AMRO. You enable and facilitate data translation in order to have relevant insights, that supports the MT and helps FR&R to become future proof and data driven.
There will be projects that need your contribution in a senior or lead role on various topics like portfolio transactions, requests from the European Central Bank and specific ‘deep dives’.
FR&R is responsible for the high-risk loans of ABN AMRO, and therefore positioned in a dynamic environment in which customer relationships, managing risks and dealing with internal and external stakeholders (including regulators, advisers and other parts within ABN AMRO) is of great importance.
FR&R aims to guide customers through difficult times to jointly create value. FR&R’s ambition is to work with the client to restore their financial and strategic health while minimizing losses and capital costs for ABN AMRO. In doing so, we also pay attention to our social role as a bank and we respond adequately to the developments that are taking place in the market in our field.
The Data & Analytics team within FR&R forms and implements the strategy to ensure FR&R’s activities are as data-driven as possible or to provide data-driven support. Data & Analytics ensures a “data & analytical mindset” and competence throughout FR&R. Data & Analytics’ core activities align with regulatory requirements and ABN AMRO’s strategy.
As Senior Portfolio manager you’re part of the Data & Analytics team of FR&R. The team has about 25 team members and is responsible for all data and analytics related activities within FR&R. You will be the senior member of the Portfolio Management & Analytics Circle. We are a new and dynamic team that is characterized by good cooperation. Fun in our work is paramount in which we work enthusiastically on all the varied data and analytics activities that strengthens the bank.
- Education on HBO / WO level, preferably financial or economical
- You have appr. 10 years of relevant work experience. Preferably experience within the financial sector with financial analyses or Risk Management. Experience with Financial Restructuring & Recovery or one of the Client Units of Business
- Banking or Corporate Banking is a bonus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Extensive experience with processing data in Excel and PowerBI. SQL knowledge is a bonus.
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English (Dutch is a bonus)
- Experience with data analyses
- Experience with working in a project organization and the coordination of (sub)projects
- You are focused on collaboration, innovation and achieving goals
We are offering
We offer you a challenging position in a professional environment in which you get the opportunity to be the best version of yourself. You are able gain a lot of knowledge of the financial field and develop your data analytics skills. This also includes project management and guiding a team. As a senior, you contribute in further shaping, expanding and professionalizing the D&A team. We also offer the possibility to follow general and (specific) data analytics training. We offer you excellent terms of employment and benefits:
- A good monthly salary based on a 36-hour working week
- A position that offers a lot of room to grow
- The ability to work flexibly
- We help you to stay fit & vital
- An additional benefit budget of 11%, with which you can buy flexible terms of employment
- A personal development budget of € 1,500 per year
- An annual public transport ticket for unlimited travel
- A good pension scheme
- A great organization with a great work culture
- Interesting work and challenging projects
- A team that likes to help, supplement and strengthen each other
Unfortunately, candidates without an EU work visa and / or living abroad are not eligible for this position.
Are you interested? Please respond to this vacancy now. For more information about the role, please contact Amani Michael (firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Robert van den Boogaard (Robert.email@example.com)
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.