Software Engineer in Data Team
Combine your passion for Tech and Sport!
What does the job involve?
You join the data team, an experienced, informal and enthusiastic scrum team of 5 developers. The data team is responsible for the design of the core sports databases, the development of data entry tooling, and the development and architecture of the API’s to access and manipulate sports data. Part of the job is that you work together with international teams of developers located in Gracenote offices around the world.
Gracenote are building a single sporting platform covering global sports captured in our Nieuwegein, Halifax NS CA and Mumbai offices. Over the next three years this team’s objectives are to enable the ongoing modernisation and redevelopment of our core database and tooling moving from Microsoft technologies (C#/.NET) to a platform based on Java, Angular and Kafka.
- Developing Data Entry APIs using Java and Spring Boot
- Developing and supporting our Olympic API in C#
- Collaborate on projects to integrate new sports and expand our database using Microsoft SQL Server
- Work in an agile team using Test Driven Development
- Helping the team to maintain existing tooling and APIs in C#
- A multinational company, with clients like FIFA, NOS, NBC, IOC, Eurosport, NU.nl, and many more
- Working in an Agile and Scrum development environment
- Working with industry standard applications (Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Bamboo, Jenkins) and use a wide range of technology (Kubernetes, MongoDB, Kafka, AWS
The ideal candidate:
- Has broad experience as C# and/or Java programmer
- Has broad experience with SQL server or related databases
- Has affinity with data and data streams
- Has experience with Code Quality standards and Software (like SonarQube)
- Has worked with AWS or another cloud provider
- Has good communication skills and is able to share his/her knowledge with the team
- Is flexible and thrives in a dynamic working environment
- Has a love (or at least affinity) for Sports
- Has good knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written
Nice to have:
- Experience in Devops and Monitoring related tools and languages (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Prometheus and Grafana)
- Experience with the development of web-based data entry tooling
- Has experience working in an Agile environment
Furthermore, it is a big advantage if you have an affinity with sports.
Are you looking for a sports challenge within an international, ambitious organization, please apply for the role. Above all, we are looking for good problem solvers and critical thinkers who keep an open mind, stay relevant by continually educating themselves, and are passionate about efficiency and good design. If you enjoy learning and applying new things, we want to talk with you.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
- An informal atmosphere in a dynamic media company with opportunities for ownership and personal development
- Motivated, sports minded colleagues
- A competitive salary and good benefits
- Laptop (Windows)
Who are we?
Gracenote Sports is a leading international sports company that provides innovative and unique
products and services to the sports industry. Gracenote Sports is engaged in producing, distributing, publishing and monetization of sports data on all platforms.
Gracenote’s sports database is one of the largest in the world. Customers and partners are national and international media, TV channels, international sports federations, organizers of events (such as the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games), global auto manufacturers and global consumer electronics manufacturers.
Gracenote Sports offers its customers innovative distribution and publishing solutions with the
ambition to publish their multilingual sports data in an unified schema within one second in all products.
To further develop this ambition we are looking for a Software Engineer with affinity for data architecture and techniques to join our agile data team in Nieuwegein, The Netherlands. We are looking for smart people with great programming skills that have experience working with a variety of technology and tools.
Gracenote Sports is part of Gracenote Inc., headquartered in Emeryville, California and is part of the Nielsen Media Company.