Introduction to the job
Do you aspire a position in which your data-driven insights are used to drive business decisions? At ASML the Business Intelligence and Analytics (BI&A) team creates value from data, by generating insights and industrializing models on different topics across sectors and business lines (BL’s). This helps prioritize business initiatives and to initiate change.
As a business analyst at ASML it is your role to collect, analyze and translate our data into business insights. You will support the generation of business insights by using a combination of cross-sector data sources and applying leading analytics tools and technologies on these sources in order to enable optimization of ASML and customer value.
Role and responsibilities
As a business analyst you will:
• generate business insights by translating data into visuals, reports and dashboards.
• support in formulating problem statement and performing exploratory data analysis to identify trends and patterns.
• apply leading analytics tools and technologies to develop in-depth understanding of structured and unstructured data on the topic at hand.
• interact with technical and non-technical (cross-sector) stakeholders and be able to present and explain analytical problems, approach, results and recommendations.
Education and experience
• A technical Master’s degree (or you will graduate in the upcoming 2 months), preferably within a strong technical direction like Mathematics, Physics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Econometrics.
We are looking for high potential business analysts who are willing to learn and challenge themselves! We consider the following experience as a plus, but not essential since drive and passion are key:
• experience with data analysis and analytics tools and techniques.
• ability to apply the latest analysis techniques.
• experience with Alteryx, Spotfire and/or Python.
• business sensitivity and ability to make the step from theoretical models to creating business impact.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job as business analyst, you’ll need the following skills:
• Strong capability for problem solving.
• Perseverance to ‘find the needle in the haystack’.
• Able to work effective and constructive in multidisciplinary teams.
• Professional communication: can explain and present technical matters within the team.
• Internal drive for efficiency and able to work disciplined and accurate.
• Pragmatic, pro-active, ‘self-propelling’ way of working and able to operate in a dynamic environment.
• Take responsibility: say what you do and do what you say.
• Observe the wishes and needs of the customer, anticipate on them and then act accordingly.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This role is within the Business Line (BL) DUV, which is at the heart of the DUV machines. With the combination of program management and system delivery, it provides a crucial part in delivering the DUV business. You will work as business analyst within the department System Delivery BI&A and report reports to the director of BI&A.
Are you interested in the role? We would like to get to know you!
Please send us your CV with a personal motivation and we will get back to you.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Learn more about this job About the job category
About the location