We are looking for Data Engineers! Are you passionate about cloud, big data, distributed systems and looking for new opportunities in the dynamic world of data engineering?
We are looking for IT professionals with a drive for getting things done with a willingness to help others be successful in their job and a knack for always being a step ahead. You are a naturally collaborative person and eager to propose creative solutions to challenging problems.
The Data Office is stationed at the KPN Amsterdam Office, a 2 min walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk. In the future the team will combine best of both worlds, partly work from home, partly from the office. You be expected to be in Antwerp for 2 days a week for the first couple of months for training purposes.
Together with the best and brightest developers we change the world of data within KPN and the Netherlands. The team is part of KPN Data Office with the focus on data platforms. We are fun team with people from all over the world who consider data as important as nerdy expressions and having fun together.
Your biggest impact
Design and develop the KPN streaming data platform. You can help KPN be the biggest player in Europe in the world data streaming platforms.
As DevOps Engineer you will have a leading role in this innovative world. You
- Like to work with a vision in mind and build a product from the ground up
- Are great in sharing knowledge and passion about cutting edge technologies
- The Design, building, and testing of new services and extending existing services
- Are a conceptual thinker
- Contributing to incident response and postmortems
You bring us
Your skillset of Data DevOps Software Engineer:
- Masters degree, or equivalent practical experience, in Computer Science or a related technical field involving software/systems engineering
- Programming experience in either Rust, Go, Java, Scala, or C
- Knowledge of computer networking (TCP/IP, Firewalls, DNS, SSL, …)
- Understanding of Operating System concepts especially Unix/Linux
- Basic understanding of database systems (SQL or NoSQL)
What do we offer
- 37-hour work week (40 hours possible)
- Salary between € 4.447 – € 6.473 (based on 37 hours)
- A mobile phone and company laptop
- Modern way of working, hybrid from home and office
- Yearly bonus
- 50% discount on KPN products
- Travel expense compensation
- Excellent pension arrangement
- Generous development budget and possibilities to grow within the company. Yes, we want and even expect you to grow as a person!
You will join the Data DevOps department which is part of the Data Office. The Data Office is part of the Technology and Digital Office (TDO). Our CTO is leading TDO. You will work with data leaders and professionals with plenty of room to develop yourself in order to become the best Data Engineer possible!