Data Practice Leader
Amsterdam (remote), fulltime
Your role as Practice Leader Data:
Imagine yourself in a position where you’ll be building and leading your own team of data professionals delivering data management projects of various sizes and complexity within the financial services industry. Your passion for data and practical experience will allow you to combine technology and domain knowledge with data management expertise to meet key business objectives. Are you interested?
Reporting to the partners and as part of the leadership team, the Practice Leader Data is actively responsible and accountable for the daily management and operations of the Dutch data team. Apart from this the role includes full responsibility towards its clients to define and deliver global data strategies, modern data warehouse solutions, data governance and lineage, master data management, data quality measurement & remediation and overall programme governance. The ideal candidate has been exposed to, or heaving dealt extensively with organisations in the financial services industry (banks, asset managers, insurance companies or pension funds) Apart from this there is a close cooperation with the UK team based in London.
In the Netherlands Projective Group is based in Amsterdam and has approximately 160 employees at present. Projective also has its present footprint in London, Brussels, Frankfurt, Paris and Zurich. This characterises the international flavour and culture of the company. Projective has the ambition and opportunity to grow significantly in the coming years which will be an extra trigger for this role to be part of a growing and professional team. This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting and growing organisation whilst being immediately based in a client-facing role.
VITRU | International Executive Recruitment is exclusively assisting Projective to recruit the best candidate for this crucial role.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Build and actively lead a team of data professionals.
- Responsible for business development at existing clients and prospects.
- Identify and prioritise critical data assets and develop and maintain planning, oversight and control procedures and policies.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the planning and execution of data management activities such as meta-data and database management, data quality monitoring, data sourcing and data privacy.
- Support in implementing data management solutions (e.g. Collibra, Snowflake, Informatica) and data lake infrastructure.
- Play an instrumental role in fostering communication between data providers and data consumers.
- Trace data to its origin, define and measure data quality, and assign ownership and responsibilities.
- Ensure investments are data-driven and identify opportunities for rationalisation.
- Cooperate and communicate actively with the data team based in the UK.
- Bachelor or Master degree related to finance, economy, IT or engineering.
- Relevant experience in leading and managing teams of professionals.
- Demonstrable expertise in data management activities, such as data governance, data quality & lineage.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience as an end-to-end project manager in the financial services industry.
- Solid background in a client segment such as capital markets, corporate banking, SME/retail banking.
- FMI, payments, wealth and investment management or insurance.
- Experienced and commercially driven including a network in the Financial Services.
- Strong leader with solid market vision and capable of working out propositions.
- Flexible & hands-on approach.
- Team player.
- Strong leadership & consultancy skills.
- Hands-on experience in data management tools like Collibra, Informatica, etc.
- Solid client-facing capabilities and the ability to manage client relationships.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English is required.
What is in it for you?
- A young, dynamic organisation and team in a fast-growing organisation with the possibility to take your career to the next level.
- Flat structure; no micro management or office politics. Additionally it gives you the opportunity to develop your skills with substantial annual trainings.
- Client, office and home-based working.
- Good career prospects in a fast-growing international company.
- A very competitive remuneration package as well as a long term stock option plan, lease car and other attractive secondary benefits.
Our client is a business, technology and innovation consulting and change firm exclusively focused on the financial services industry. Projective is an end-to-end partner for their clients who want to excel in an everchanging environment, helping shape businesses today to meet tomorrow’s challenges. Projective is part of the Projective Group consisting of four brands being: Exellys, Mastermind, DTSQUARED and Enigma with a team of over 600 employees with offices in Brussels, London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris and Zurich. The culture can be described as informal, young and entrepreneurial The Projective story is only getting started and it’s an exciting time to be part of this growing group of ambitious professionals.
For more information visit www.projectivegroup.com.
How to Apply:
If you are interested please send your resume via the application form on our website, The European Executive Recruitment Firm. For more information about this position, please contact Max Eweg at VITRU via +31 6 130 868 94 (www.vitru-hr.com).
Agency calls are not appreciated.