At a glance
Do you want to work at the forefront of the changes in the financial services industry and develop disruptive Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions? Then we have a challenging position for you! The AI team at ABN AMRO is looking for a junior AI Developer with an innovative mindset, feel for business and entrepreneurial drive. You’ll work directly with entrepreneurs and business counterparts to bring AI solutions from idea to production. We are looking for creative and passionate people with a “go get it” mentality. Our AI Developers are multi-skilled and have strong machine learning, system design and coding skills combined with an understanding of the business that they put to use within the context of AI.
As being an integral part of the AI team (~18 FTE) with AI Developers (data scientist/engineer) and AI translators, our goal is twofold: (1) to fuel innovation by developing and delivering AI solutions for the initiatives at S&I, and (2) to drive the adoption of AI across the bank by working with Client Units on some of the hardest AI problems within ABN AMRO. We work on a portfolio of use cases that range from improving customer contact to document classification and information extraction. As an AI Developer, your main goal is to develop AI systems and solutions for our initiatives and for our client units. We take care of the full development cycle from exploring and identifying opportunities, experimenting, and creating prototypes, to developing scalable products. Your activities include:
- Participate in the ideation and design of AI solutions with intrapreneurs and business experts
- Support initiatives at S&I (new value propositions, innovations) with data-driven insights
- Experiment and implement new AI technologies (like chatGPT), algorithms and methods in one of our bank wide projects (e.g. in Financial Crime or Operations)
- Development of prototypes and deploying models to production
You will be working in the Artificial Intelligence team at Strategy and Innovation (S&I) at Gustav Mahlerlaan and we provide ample opportunities for hybrid working. We have a start-up vibe. Your team consists of people with a passion for AI and we work every day to create (measurable) impact for the bank. There is an open team atmosphere where initiative is encouraged, and we provide daily coaching for juniors in our teams.
The success of our organization depends on the quality of our people and the ideas they have. We believe that teams composed of a combination of cultures, knowledge and experience will generate insights, perspectives and innovative solutions for our customers. Therefore, diversity is of vital importance to our organization. To ensure that everyone within ABN AMRO can develop his or her qualities, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel involved and appreciated.
- You have 0-5 years of experience in building AI / machine learning based solutions
- You have a sense for business, and understand how AI and machine learning deliver value
- You are pragmatic and value-focused, e.g. not afraid to work with existing solutions to reduce time-to-market
- You are able to communicate effectively with technical and business counterparts
- You are a teamplayer that requires minimal steering to be productive
- You are up to date on the latest developments within AI and can guide others in finding optimal solutions
- You are familiar with the ‘tools of the trade’, e.g. Python, Databricks, Git…
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are a self-starter.
- Start-up experience is a plus
Even if you don’t match all aspects above, we invite you to apply if you think you could be a great fit for the team.
We are offering
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- A competitive salary (Hay 9 or 10 depending on your experience) and a supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass
- A solid pension plan
If you like to know more about this exciting position you can contact Lennart Bootsman at Lennart.Bootsman@nl.abnamro.com or Mike Smits at Mike.Smits@nl.abnamro.com. We very much look forward to meeting you.
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.