At a glance
Do you want to be part of the Data Revolution in the banking industry? Do you have a strong passion for data and do you agree that data is at the core of creating value for customers? Does working in a complex environment energize you? Then come help us unlock the power of data at the Data Management department of ABN AMRO!
As our Change & portfolio manager you are responsible for keeping a strong Oversight on the execution of the Data Strategy of ABN AMRO. This includes ensuring the quality of various aspects, such as the execution process, governance, KPIs and portfolio quality. You will also monitor the progress of Grid Owners and Product Owners in achieving the Grid and blocks’ objectives. Additionally, you prioritize effective stakeholder management within the scope of your work.
Some examples of your responsibilities:
- Monitor and create transparency whether all milestones and deliverables are adequately led, resourced and remain on time, budget and scope
- Create and maintain a good overview of the dependencies between the milestones and deliverables and administrate all your work properly in our joint overviews and administration
- Ensure that every quarter, the quarterly ceremonies and events are run properly and accurately, to ensure that your execution progress is safeguarded
- Act as a sparring partner for the program managers and grid owners when it comes to monitoring progress and managing project risks, issues and dependencies
- Provide decision-making bodies and stakeholders with the right information at the right time
As our Change & portfolio manager you work together with other Change & portfolio managers in a small team within an open and transparent culture. The Data Management department is diverse with regards to culture, experiences and age. The atmosphere is lively and informal, and the environment is safe. It is normal to make mistakes as long as everyone is honest about them and learns from them.
Next to your day-to-day work, there is room to design, create and implement new processes, especially when you are the one who is suggesting the change for the better!
The team you become part of is in constant collaboration with all business lines, international branches and subsidiaries of the bank. We all work together at the frontier of the largest data revolution in the banking industry and with the core value-assets of the organization
You are a practical thinker, a do-er, whose behavior reflects the culture principles of courage, care and collaboration. This is reflected by your eagerness to learn, the questions you dare to ask and the status quo you are willing to challenge. You know how to handle conversations on various management levels and know which information you should present and in what format, depending on the stakeholder groups you are dealing with.
We believe that the best results come from people putting their heads together to work out how to do things better and to put those ideas into practice. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for talented colleagues that use and manage data to create value for our customers. As our employee, you are the foundation of a future-proof bank where you help us realize our purpose: banking for better, for generations to come. As a front runner in sustainability, we nurture our energetic culture and continue to invest in can-do, client-focused thinking and doing.
This is on your resume
- Master’s degree
- >10 years’ experience in portfolio management and execution tracking on strategic and tactical level (agile environments preferred)
- >5 years’ experience in a complex, high tech business environment
- Experience with working in an Agile Development Environment (DevOps and Scaled Agile) and you know how to apply portfolio management and execution tracking standards to allow this type of development to happen
- Fluent in English (Dutch is a bonus)
We are offering
The success of our organization depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Care, Collaboration and Courage are our key values. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organization. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
A few examples of our excellent terms of employment:
- The opportunity to play a key role in the execution of our Data Strategy and room to grow both personally and professionally
- A good work-life balance, and help on boost your vitality and fitness
- A market conform salary of 70.000 to 100.000 and an additional benefit budget of 11% with which you can buy flexible terms of employment
- Five weeks of holiday per year
- A personal development budget of €1000 per year and various internal trainings
- A high degree of responsibility and freedom to finish your tasks
- Good set of facilities for remote working
Does this sound like something you’d be interested in? Send us your application as soon as possible. To find out more, contact Stefanie Kuiper (email@example.com). We very much look forward meeting you.
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.