What are you going to do?
Enza Zaden is on a mission to become more data driven and we need you! As a Medior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the development and operations of our global data platform. This platform offers central ingestion, storage and consumption of valuable business and research data and therefore plays a crucial role in realizing our data and analytics ambitions.
We have already laid the foundation and we now want to serve data needs across the organisation. You and your team will manage critical data pipelines that serve interactive reports and advanced analytics applications for hundreds of users across all departments. That means you will work with data and analytics use cases from Research, Seed Operations, Sales & Marketing and Staff departments. All departments are eager to scale analytics and can’t wait to make their business lines more successful using your data!
The team you will work with consists of data and platform engineers, and also includes Power BI specialists for managing interactive reports. You will work closely together with this team, our architects and data source owners to ingest and distribute valuable business and research data across the organisation. Your team reports to our Global Manager Data Insights & Data Innovations with whom you are on the mission to make Enza Zaden the most data savvy and data driven Breeding company in the world.
The Enza Zaden culture is one that encourages professional competencies. We have a flat organisational structure with short communication lines. Ideas are valued, and great ideas stand to win an Innovation Award. We work in multi-disciplinary project teams and like to learn from each other.
We seek a Medior Data Engineer who has experience with building reliable data systems. You know distributed data processing systems, preferably Spark, and quickly understand other data processing tools. As a data engineer you do not just understand the technology, but you can communicate with your product owner and stakeholders to determine business requirements that you translate to a solid solution. Together you balance business and technical trade-offs and together you divide the work into small, agile user stories.
To meet the job requirements, you;
- Have a minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience with data engineering. You have hands-on experience with loading data into a data platform, scale data transformations and deliver data to end users. Your data pipelines supply for example data to interactive dashboards or advanced analytics applications.
- Are familiar with the Azure data stack. You have applied Azure Data Factory, Databricks and other Azure services in a professional environment. You know how to combine these tools to establish an end-to-end data flow.
- Apply best practices like automated testing.
- Are a Python expert, and you are not afraid of using other languages if needed, like bash and SQL.
- You show graceful confidence by balancing being a team player with upholding high work standards.
- Are open to brainstorm with your team and IT stakeholders on what the ideal designs are, whilst taking into account company standards and policies on for example security.
- Are currently living in the Netherlands. Working from home is possible, but we expect you to work at the Enza Zaden office in Enkhuizen for at least two days per week.
Who are we?
Enza Zaden is an independent family business with more than 2500 colleagues. Sounds special? It is! As a biotech breeding company innovation is key and our focus on innovation and development has made us big. This also applies to our people! We are growing fast and there is plenty of room for you to grow with us but we always stay focused on personal contact.
How do we convince you to join us? We offer:
- A purposeful position for the real data fanatic that want to make real impact. You will contribute to our vision of granting people anywhere in the world access to healthy, varied vegetables.
- A challenging and motivated data-driven organization, where every stakeholder recognizes the great importance of data.
- Room for new initiatives and ideas. Our opportunistic and pragmatic culture provides always open doors for your ideas!
- Pleasant colleagues, fun activities and an ambitious and informal culture.
- A market conform salary depending on your experience.
- 26 vacation days with the possibility to buy additional ones;
- A laptop and phone;
- Flexible working, where you are partly in the office to work with colleagues or can do focus work at home;
Enza Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. And produces and sells its seeds all over the world. We have made an animation to explain to you properly (and as briefly as possible) what we do.
The purpose of our work? To offer everyone worldwide access to healthy and varied vegetables. With more than 2500 passionate colleagues all over the world, we work together every day on the vegetables of tomorrow.
Would you like to know more about Enza Zaden as an employer? Then take a look at the Careers & Learning page or view our page on LinkedIn. Contact Do you want to contribute to our journey towards becoming a leading data-driven vegetable breeding company?
Then apply directly using the below Apply now! button.
Would you like to know more before you apply? Feel free to reach out first:
Sr corporate recruiter
00316 2136 8907