At a glance
Do you want to be part of the Data Revolution in the banking industry? Do you have a strong passion for data and do you agree that data is at the core of creating value for customers? Does working in a complex environment on data-related cases make you happy? Then come help us unlock the power of data at the Data Management & Architecture department of ABN AMRO!
As a Data Governance Lead Advisor, you help realise the delivery of the ABN AMRO strategy: a Personal Bank in a Digital Age. You are a Data Governance expert, able to translate our data vision into reality.
Some examples of your responsibilities:
- Instil thought-leadership throughout the data governance community across the bank
- Lead effectiveness of our enterprise Data Governance bodies, such as Data Analytics Circle, Data Governance Circle, Data Governance Board etc
- Ensure the supporting toolset and services for Data Governance are actively maintained and utilised
- Further develop and oversee the data management capabilities of Policies & Principles Management, Data Accountability Management
- Prepare data content for executive decision-making related to Data Governance topics
- Act as a sparring partner for the Head of Enterprise Data Governance and liaise with key stakeholders across the bank
As a Data Governance Lead Advisor, you become part of the Data Governance department, alongside colleagues focused on Enterprise Data Governance Advisory and Business Data Modelling. Your core responsibility is overseeing the execution of our Data Strategy, while complying with our Data Policy and our Data Governance principles, via our enterprise Data Governance bodies.
In your day-to-day work you will play a key role in making sure that the initiative for which you are responsible runs smoothly. You orchestrate timely delivery by ensuring everyone delivers according to their responsibility, by identifying risks and helping to manage them under control, and by facilitating and supporting all actors within your scope. Next to your day-to-day work, there is room to design, create and implement new processes especially when you are the one who is suggesting the change for the better!
The team you become part of is in constant collaboration with all business units, international branches and subsidiaries of the bank. We all work together at the frontier of the largest data revolution in the banking industry and with the core value-assets of the organisation.
The team is diverse with regards to culture, experiences and age. The atmosphere is lively and informal, and the environment is safe. It is normal to make mistakes as long as everyone is honest about it and learns from them.
You are a practical thinker and a do-er, whose behaviour reflects the culture principles of courage, care and collaboration. This is reflected by your eagerness to learn, the questions you dare to ask and the status quo you are willing to challenge. You get even more excited when the only assignment you are given to start with is: ‘please help us figure this one out!’
- Previous experience in a lead Data Governance, Data Management or Data Strategy role
- Strong Program Management skills or experience coordinating governance committees
- Experience in execution/implementation of large-scale programs including execution tracking and reporting
- Experience in working within a matrix structure, comfortable in driving the work
- Sparring partner for senior management
- Fluent in English (Dutch is a bonus)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
We are offering
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Care, Collaboration and Courage are our key values. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
A few examples of our excellent terms of employment:
- The opportunity to play a key role in the execution of our Data Strategy and room to grow both personally and professionally
- A good work-life balance, and help on boost your vitality and fitness
- A market conform salary of 67.000 to 96.000 (depending on experience) and an additional benefit budget of 11% with which you can buy flexible terms of employment
- Five weeks of holiday per year
- A personal development budget of €1000 per year and various internal trainings
- A high degree of responsibility and freedom to finish your tasks
- Good set of facilities for remote working
Are you interested? Please respond to this vacancy. For any questions, please reach out to Ioana Bour (firstname.lastname@example.org) We would love to meet you!
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.