At a glance
As a data scientist trainee you will primarily learn how to translate business challenges into technical predictive models that support a better decision making. As data scientist you will be well-equipped to store and clean large amounts of data, explore data sets to identify valuable insights, build predictive models, and run data science projects from end to end. With this Traineeship you will take the first step in your career as a data scientist to develop yourself personally and professionally!
- Research and develop statistical models for analysis;
- Understand company needs and devise possible solutions by collaborating with product management/owners and the DevOps team;
- Communicate results and statistical concepts to key business stakeholders;
- Use appropriate databases and project designs to optimize joint development efforts;
- Develop custom data models and algorithms;
- Build processes and tools to help monitor and analyse performance and data accuracy;
- Use predictive modelling to enhance and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and more;
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality
As a data scientist trainee you should have a degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, econometrics or business, with an analytics focus. You must have strong skills in math, science, programming, databases, modelling, and predictive analytics.
Who are you?
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative mind-set and capable of assessing and evaluating risks;
- Knowledge of or at least interested in technology and how this supports business improvements;
- Thrives in an international context;
- Thinks in terms of what’s possible, sees opportunities and takes a solutions-oriented approach;
- Self-starter who readily assumes responsibility;
- You have a valid EU work permit.
What’s your experience?
- Experience working with R or Python;
- Experience in statistical, data mining and machine learning techniques (like boosting, generalized linear models/regression, and social network analysis);
- Experience visualizing and presenting data;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A proactive approach, with an ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously;
- No more than 3 years of work experience (internships do not count as work experience), this is a graduate programme.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with SQL or Java;
- Experience with cloud services, preferably Azure Cloud Services;
- Experience analyzing data from third-party providers like Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics etc.;
- Experience working with distributed data and computing tools like Hadoop, Hive, Map/Reduce, MySQL, and Spark;
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology.
What we offer
In our Data Traineeship we train you to be the Data Expert who matters now, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. In this programme you will receive training focused on professional and personal development. We will also continue to invest in you for the longer term and guide you on your journey within the bank. It will be a continuous “experience”, in which you work together with the best people and best parties from the market, and you do your work with the latest technologies on the most modern cloud infrastructure.
What does the Data Traineeship look like?
The ABN AMRO Data Traineeship offers you a substantively challenging position in which you combine your work with education and training for 18 months. In the first six weeks you will start with a data bootcamp, where you will work on your hard and soft skills with your fellow trainees. Immediately afterwards, you will start at your department in a fixed position where you will work on your own activities and assignments, with the help of your manager and colleagues. Next to your work, you also participate in the personal development programme Boost Your Growth.
Please note this is not a traineeship with different rotations throughout the organisation.
Where will you start in the organisation?
For this role, you will start in one of the departments within our organization. You will do different assignments within your team and after the programme, start as a Data Scientist for your team. Wherever you end up: a lot has to be done. By joining our Data Traineeship, you’ll be taking the first step in your personal and professional development towards becoming a data expert.
Are you interested? Apply via the button above and upload your resume and cover letter. Do not apply for more than one position within the Data Traineeship, so choose between the Data Analyst and Data Scientist position. We are looking for graduates with a strong motivation to work for ABN AMRO. The Data Traineeship starts mid-October 2023.
After you apply you will receive an e-mail within 10 working days to let you know if you have been selected and can move forward to the next round. The overall recruitment process includes:
- Apply online with your CV and cover letter;
- CV screening by recruitment;
- Online capacity test;
- CV screening by hiring manager;
- Online interview and case presentation by candidate;
- Second interview;
- Job offer.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.