Senior Data Engineer
Come and support Company.info in the biggest transformation in the company’s history by strengthening our data engineering capabilities. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Data Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining our data infrastructure and work closely with other teams to ensure that our data is clean, accurate, and readily available to support our clients business decisions.
If you are a highly motivated, results-driven experienced Data Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact, we encourage you to apply!
What you will do
We are working on a multi-year big program where we completely redefine the way we build (data)products, including our current architecture and organization. We do this using a domain driven architecture, with the goal of improving and aligning all our data processing and technical foundation. Part of successfully transforming the organization is to focus more on boosting our data engineering capabilities.
You will work on ingesting and processing and integrating data products for a specific domain. Some of the tasks that you will be involved with include:
- Design data modelling architecture.
- Build production grade data pipelines and different processing paradigms (streaming, batch and graph).
- Ingest data from a wide variety of sources with different sizes and formats.
- Use automated deployment tools and templates to deploy the solutions.
- Work with Spark Structured Streaming, Delta Live Tables and Change Data Capture to refresh data products that require low latency.
Our stack is mainly composed of the following tools: Python, Databricks, PySpark, AWS S3, EventBridge and Lambdas.
Company.info is part of FD Mediagroep and market leader in Dutch business information and insights. We are a fast-growing data company where data is the core product. We provide our clients with qualitative, up-to-date and in-depth business insights. We do everything we can to bring together all relevant data about companies, structure it and make it applicable for our customers. Company.info helps customers to be more innovative and successful.
We work with the latest technologies in flat structures and we like to see our people take responsibility so that we can take on the world. It’s fun, it’s fast and sometimes it’s intense! So keep reading if this appeals to you.
You will be working together in a passionate team that continues to strive for being the first/best in the market, modern management, no hierarchy and an informal atmosphere.
Our Product & Tech department consists of 40 people. We are all passionate about our products, technology and data. Currently we are transitioning towards working in domain based teams, with skill & expertise based chapters. We are looking for an experienced data engineer to strengthen our domain teams. In domain teams we aim to have a combination of data engineers, back-end engineers and a flexible pool of data scientists and analysts. Currently the data engineering chapter consists of two data engineers, who work together in one of the domain teams. We expect the data engineering chapter to grow to 6-8 people in the next 2 years. In terms of management style, the organization is flat, relaxed and clear. The atmosphere is open, pleasant, social and fun.
In this role you will have the opportunity to specialize in specific knowledge areas, and e.g. become a technical lead for this domain. So lots of opportunities for personal and technical development and growth!
What we offer
- We offer you a dynamic environment, international oriented with innovative, challenging and diverse projects, using cutting-edge technology and directly benefiting our clients and our business managers at the same time.
- We will make sure you have all the software and hardware (laptop) required to perform at your highest level.
- Part-time and full-time possibilities, flexible hours, and a salary between 74,000 and 83,000 euro per year (depending on experience and skills).
- Flexibility to work some part of your time from your home-office.
- Because we work with the latest technologies, we offer the opportunity to keep on developing yourself by taking courses, attending (and presenting at) conferences, etc.
- Very modern working environment, the office is new and specially furnished to the wishes of Company.info. The office is centrally located in Amsterdam and easily accessible by public transport.
- We offer support for the 30% ruling and a relocation-budget if you are currently not based in the Netherlands.
Who you are
- You have at least 5+ years of relevant working experience in the IT or data sector.
- Extensive experience in production grade data ingestion, processing, and modelling.
- Experience with cloud environments (preferably AWS).
- Preferably you have a Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Software engineering, AI or a related field.
Key technical skills and requirements
- Extensive experience with software development (Python).
- Experience with shipping production grade software.
- Experience with some of the tools we like to work with (in order of importance).
- Spark (preferably Databricks).
- AWS Services (Lambda, Eventbridge).
- Data-stores (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, …) Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloudformation, …).
- Monitoring and alerting (ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, …).
- Strong sense of ownership and great problem-solving skills.
- Drive to learn our data domains and develop innovative solutions.
- Like to coach more junior members and achieve team goals.
- Great communication skills (written and spoken), in English.
Great! We invite you to come in and check the office atmosphere (and our coffee) yourself. Let us know you are interested by sending us your resume or LinkedIN profile added with your contact details and we will get back to you shortly.
If you are a highly motivated, results-driven Data Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact, we encourage you to apply via the application button!
Agency calls are not appreciated.