At a glance
As a Data Analyst/Scientist you are multi-skilled and have excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills – preferably machine learning skills too – as well as effective communication skills combined with an understanding of the business. You are result driven, passionate about data and comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You have an internal drive to answer “why” questions. You’re a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big, while paying careful attention to detail. You’re reliable, dedicated, disciplined and consider yourself a competent and confident problem solver.
You are an energetic person with a passion for combining both thinking and doing. You know what is going on in your organisation. Bringing valuable contribution towards your clients is a primary drive for working in a Grid. You take initiative in keeping your expertise at level, as well learning by doing to develop and deepen your skills. You work from a vision, which you communicate persuasively to establish buy-in from internal and external stakeholders. You keep direction and persevere to implement chosen solutions. You receive energy from sharing knowledge and skills. Reversely, you seek what you can learn from colleagues.
The ideal candidate is expected to:
- Have a master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics; econometrics or related field;
- Have at least 8-10 years of relevant industry experience
- Have proficiency in using SQL, Python and PySpark. Experience in Databricks is a plus.
- Have knowledge of at least one of the cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Be self-motivated
- Be teamwork-, innovation- and goal-orientated
- Have strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Embrace the agile way of working
- Care about his/her colleagues and stakeholders
- Have the courage to be true to yourself and stretch what is to improve it
- Have comfort working in a dynamic environment with several ongoing concurrent projects; able to prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Have the capacity to challenge stakeholders and get to the “question behind the question“
- Be knowledgeable on Finance/Risk and reporting processes and you want to broaden and deepen your analytical skills related to reporting, processes, data and applications.
- Experience in Banking is a plus.
With everything you do, the focus is on serving the interests of our internal and external stakeholders. As a Data Analyst/Scientist you are responsible for the design, development, maintenance and continuous improvement of our risk & control framework, data quality framework, data lineage- and data analytics capabilities, as well as data visualization using business intelligence tools (e.g. Power BI). You identify, analyse and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets and provide insights based upon data to further improve our operations and processes. You communicate findings effectively and translate them into recommended actions. To achieve all this, you work in collaboration with business developers, data engineers within your team and various stakeholders outside your team.
You operate within the Finance and Risk Reporting Grid that consists of approx. 200 colleagues. It is a cluster of agile teams called Value Delivery blocks. You become part of the Value Proposition Team Granular Reporting, which is responsible to ensure all required data attribute requirements are clear to source by the entities and to be consumed by the consuming solutions, as well as one of the Value Delivery blocks. You contribute to the medium and long term strategy for the Finance and Risk landscape. You will have plenty of opportunity to work with colleagues outside the Reporting Grid. We are highly dependent on other Grid’s to jointly create a streamlined supply chain of correct and complete data. We help you develop yourself both professionally and as a person.
We are offering
You have the opportunity to experience and build an agile way of working in ABN-AMRO. Also, we’d like to learn from your experiences with agile working and apply your best practices. You will grow and further develop your expertise: ranking from innovating, implementing and delivering portfolio- and process management. There are plenty of job opportunities to further grow and extend your horizon depending on your ambitions, experience and development.
We apply our knowledge skills and network for the benefit of our clients. We help them make responsible choices to achieve their goals. In the Netherlands and abroad. The interest of our clients is key. We want our clients to understand our products and services and will tell them if the risk associated does not fit their profile. It is all about clear communication and smart solutions. That is our goal.
- The freedom to be the best you can be, work in a flexible way with a lot of room to grow.
- We help you stay fit & vital.
- A competitive salary
- An additional 11% benefit budget, to buy flexible working extra’s.
- A personal development budget of € 1.000 per year
- Public transport card (OV-jaarabonnement)
- Ideal pension scheme
Are you interested? Then apply now and tell us what makes you unique! For any additional information, contact Geert van Beurden, Geert.firstname.lastname@example.org We cannot wait to meet you.
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.