At a glance
Do you want to be part of the Data Revolution in the banking industry? Do you have a strong passion for data and do you agree that data is at the core of creating value for customers? Does working in a complex environment on data related cases make you happy? Then come help us unlock the power of data at the Data Management & Architecture department of ABN AMRO!
As a Data Governance team member, you help realise the delivery of the ABN AMRO strategy: a Personal Bank in a Digital Age. You are a Data Governance expert, able to translate our data vision into reality.
Some examples of your responsibilities:
- Act as a sparring partner for the Data Governance Lead Advisor
- Support our Enterprise Data Governance bodies, such as Data Analytics Circle, Data Governance Circle, Data Governance Board etc.
- Ensure the supporting toolset and services for Data Governance are actively maintained and utilised
- Support the development of Data Governance capabilities, such as Policies & Principles Management, Data Accountability Management and contribute data content to our Data Awareness & Education curriculum
- Maintain and support the development of our bank-wide Data Management Framework
- Prepare data content for executive decision-making related to Data Governance topics
- Liaise with stakeholders within our DM&A department and in our Business Units
You become part of the Data Governance department. The Data Governance team is responsible for guiding compliance with our Data Policy, Data Governance principles and standards; and for the effectiveness of our enterprise Data Governance bodies. The team you become part of is in constant collaboration with all business units, international branches and subsidiaries of the bank. We all work together at the frontier of the largest data revolution in the banking industry and with the core value-assets of the organisation.
The team is diverse with regards to culture, experiences and age. The atmosphere is lively and informal, and the environment is safe. It is normal to make mistakes as long as everyone is honest about it and learns from them. In your day-to-day work you have a crucial role in facing the most complex data puzzles head on, and solving them. Next to your day-to-day work, there is room to design, create and implement new processes especially when you are the one who is suggesting the change for the better!
You are a practical thinker and a go-getter, whose behaviour reflects the culture principles of courage, care and collaboration. This is reflected by your eagerness to learn, the questions you dare to ask and the status quo you are willing to challenge. You get even more excited when the only assignment you are given to start with is: ‘please help us figure this one out!’.
- Experience in Data Governance, Data Management or Data Strategy
- Experience in Program and/or Project Management (or proven track record as PMO)
- Good knowledge of the bank’s Data Strategy or of Data Management in general
- Fluent in English (Dutch is a bonus)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
We are offering
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Care, Collaboration and Courage are our key values. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
A few examples of our excellent terms of employment:
- The opportunity to play a key role in the execution of our Data Strategy and room to grow both personally and professionally
- A good work-life balance, and help on boost your vitality and fitness
- A market conform salary of 51.000 to 72.000 (depending on experience) and an additional benefit budget of 11% with which you can buy flexible terms of employment
- Five weeks of holiday per year
- A personal development budget of €1000 per year and various internal trainings
- A high degree of responsibility and freedom to finish your tasks
- Good set of facilities for remote working
Are you interested? Please respond to this vacancy. For any questions, please reach out to Ioana Bour (firstname.lastname@example.org) We would love to meet you!
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.