At a glance
Do you want to be part of the heart of the Bank and work with (Customer) Data? Do you have a strong passion for data and do you agree that data is at the core of creating value for customers? Does working in a complex environment on data related cases make you happy? Then come help us unlock the power of Customer Data at Enterprise Data Assets Grid as Business Developer – Customer Data!
As a Business Developer – Customer Data, you focus on improving the performance of our processes, systems, capabilities and tooling. You do this by translating product- and process improvements into value propositions that are consistent with developments in the areas of technology, digitization, legislation and regulation.
You also take into account the requirements and frameworks set by internal and external stakeholders, such as business stakeholders, development teams and regulators. You are able to translate these requirements into proposals on how improvements in performance, quality, and efficiency can be achieved. You provide advice and explanations to relevant internal and external stakeholders, and are able to create support for implementing change.
Furthermore, you are
- a knowledgeable sparring partner for the team and our stakeholders (e.g. business, DFC, Finance)
- working with stakeholders to challenge ideas and get clear requirements
- translating requirements into possible solutions together with (domain) architects
- working with the team(s) to realise deliveries
- presenting results to stakeholders (and/or train users if applicable)
- participating in (cross-grid/business line) change projects
- implementing changes which we do on our applications
The job comes with a clear growth perspective. As you take up a senior role in the team, you are interested in the wider scope of our IT and business landscape and are an important sparring partner for the Product Owners and other Business Developers. You play in important role in strengthening the team and make sure our team reaches their goals and is capable to act on a higher level.
As Business Developer – Customer Data for one or two of the development blocks you will be part of Enterprise Data Assets Grid within Data Management & Architecture, where the BCDB application landscape resides. You work together with a team in order to maximise business value.
Our Business Contact Data Base (BCDB) is the heart of a number of applications which are part of the of the Enterprise Data Assets Grid. In 5 development blocks, we make sure our applications can register, update and provide client data to employees within the Bank. Also, we make sure these client related data can be consumed and used by other applications using Client Data.
BCDB is responsible for the registration of all clients banking with our Bank in the Netherlands (which is 80/90% of the total client population of ABN AMRO), and should be up and running 24/7 as it is an essential application within the Bank. No product can be registered without (some) client data. So almost every application is connected in some way to our BCDB application(s).
We have a very diversified IT landscape, from Mainframe applications, to the newest applications which operate on Azure. We are constantly looking for renewal of our landscape, and at the same time also add capabilities which are required to be able to onboard clients for all business units. Also, we provide functionality for all processes related to clients, from updating client data via Internet Banking to delivery of data to be able to execute Finance related processes. So our stakeholders are everywhere within the Bank!
You are a practical thinker, a do-er, whose behaviour reflects the culture principles of courage, care and collaboration. You have experience and affinity with agile working in a challenging environment with many links and dependencies. You are critical and you are always looking at how things can be done better, smarter and more digitally. And you would like to learn even more and develop yourself further. This is on your resume:
- You have experience as a Business Developer for one or multiple teams
- You have knowledge of and experience with the agile way of working
- You have experience or affinity with implementing complex processes and applications
- You have analytical skills, being able to see relations between certain requirements, developments and conclude on consequences of these on our BCDB set up;
- You move easily in a complex stakeholder field and are a solid communicator and discussion partner for Product Owners and stakeholders
- You are able to express yourself in a clear way, verbally as well as in writing
- You feel at home in a demanding and constantly changing environment, where you can act and give direction to the teams
- You have proven a result-oriented approach; delivering results is your motivation
- You are a team player and can contribute to the development of other team members.
- You master the English language in word and writing
- You are at HBO/WO thinking and working level
We are offering
An environment where you will be part of result driven team! The success of our organisation and thus our team depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Care, Collaboration and Courage are our key values. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
- The opportunity to be the best you can be and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- A good work and life balance, for example the opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
- A market conform salary based on a 36-hour workweek, 40-hours is also possible
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year, chances to visit (tech) seminars and events
- Required investments to boost your personal skills and progress your career
- Large responsibility and freedom to finish your tasks
- The opportunity to make a difference outside the office. We help people, young and old, to discover and develop their talent. We see ourselves as ‘Partner of the Future’ and like to facilitate your wish to contribute to this.
Do not hesitate to approach us for more details, or apply directly! Please contact Irma Morgenstern-de Jong, Lead Product Owner BCDB, phone number +31653985392, or Anke Feldbrugge-Slagter Grid Owner Enterprise Data Assets, phone number +31613426297. We are looking forward to meet you!
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.